Thank you for your interest in student teaching with the Rapid City School District. We are excited to help you in the next steps of your journey to becoming a K-12 educator! Please follow the instructions below to apply to student teach with our district. We do our best to place every applicant at their school of choice however, please keep in mind placement is not guaranteed and is based on availability of educators. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Instructions for Placement Coordinators:
- Fall semester requests must be received by March 1st
- Summer requests must be received by May 1st
- Spring semester requests must be received by October 20th
Instructions for Students:
- The application for student teaching can be found at www.rcas.org under the employment link
- All application materials must be submitted prior to a placement being considered. If placement is made, forms will be sent to you through Clear Company. Be sure to watch your email closely as this is how we will communicate.
- Once placement is made you will be notified by your University Field Placement Coordinator.
- You will be emailed a background check ticket through Clear Company and will need to make an appointment. This is paid for by RCAS if you are placed with our district.
- To complete the process, you will need to stop in to the Office of Human Resources and have a photo taken for your RCAS photo identification and activity pass.
- Students are not allowed to be placed in the same school as their dependent children. Applicants must disclose if they have dependent children in the district when they apply.
Students must complete an application for a “Student Teacher/Intern” position prior to placement.
August Hicks, Human Resources Generalist