To foster the growth, development, and educational achievement of all students by promoting health and wellness in a safe supportive environment.
All students will be healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
Health Procedures – Nursing Department
Registered Nurses with the Rapid City Area Schools provide services throughout the district. Nursing services may include:
- Development of individualized health care plans to meet the needs of students with health concerns and daily medication administration.
- Coordination of health screenings. Screenings may include but not limited to vision, dental, height, weight, body mass index and blood pressure.
- Presentation of health topics and education to the students and staff
- Assessment and monitoring of communicable diseases.
- Enforcement of the state law and district policies regarding student’s immunizations.
|Aero Amo||School Nurse - Stevens||Email Aero|
|Alyssa Downey||School Nurse - Robbinsdale & Grandview||Email Alyssa|
|Lyndsay Farnsworth||School Nurse - South & South Park||Email Lyndsay|
|Merissa Gehm||School Nurse - Rapid City High School||Email Merissa|
|Terra Larsen||School Nurse - Central||Email Terra|
|Kerry Leighty||School Nurse - Corral Dr & Southwest||Email Kerry|
|Jennifer Oedekoven||School Nurse - Black Hawk & South Canyon||Email Jennifer|
|Richard B. Pendleton||School Nurse - Lincoln||Email Richard|
|Justina Schmelz||School Nurse - Valley View & East||Email Justina|
|Charissa Shackleton||School Nurse - Wilson & Rapid Valley||Email Charissa|
|Jill Wilgers||School Nurse - Pinedale & West||Email Jill|