Summer School 2021
Summer School will be available all Rapid City students who are enrolled in the Rapid City School District in grades 9- 12 who have failed core classes or did not complete a distance learning class.
Classes will be held at Rapid City High School, 601 Columbus Street.
Registration will be available online from May 1 through June 1, 2021. The link will be posted and go live on May 1.
Summer School Schedule
June 7 – June 25
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
June 28 – July 16
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Students will be required to attend one orientation to be held in the Theater at Rapid City High School
(a.) 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
(b.) 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
(c.) 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
(d.) 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
High School Courses
Students may take up to (1) credit. Either a full credit course or two ½ credit courses during summer school. Credits must be replacing a failed course.
- English 9 (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- English 10 (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- English 11 (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- English 12 Writing (1/2 credit)
- English 12 Literature (1/2 credit)
- Bridges to Algebra (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- Algebra I (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- Geometry (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- Algebra II (1 credit) (A and/or B for ½ credit if needed)
- Biology 1 (1/2 credit)
- Biology 2 (1/2 credit)
- Physical Science 1 (1/2 credit)
- Physical Science 2 (1/2 credit)
- World Geography (1/2 credit)
- World History (1/2 credit)
- US History 1 (1/2 credit)
- US History 2 (1/2 credit)
- US History 3 (1/2 credit)
- US Government (1/2 Credit)
- Personal Finance (1/2 Credit)
Enrollment is limited and priority will be given in the following order:
1) Seniors needing credits to graduate this year,
2) Juniors needing to repeat courses before entering their senior year,
5) Sophomores who want to retake a class they failed,
3) Freshman for the 2020-2021 school year who did not pass a core class.
Summer school classes will be offered using Edgenuity, an accredited online delivery system.
Laptops will be available for checkout upon request. Students may keep their device at the end of the regular school year and then turn them in upon completion of Summer School.
*Students who have started an Edgenuity course will be allowed to continue that course into this Summer School session, but it will need to be complete by July 16th.
- Students in grades 9-12 may register for classes online.
- Students must make educational progress by completing the required work; failure to engage will result in a failing grade and credit not being given.
- Students will be required to be in-person the first week of school and if they are on track, may be permitted to work from home.
- Seniors ONLY will be provided the option to earn additional credits upon completion of their first full credit, but any additional credits MUST be completed by July 15th.
- ONLY Seniors who need an initial (first time) credit to fulfill their graduation requirements will be offered this option.
- Seniors are encouraged to contact their counselor and/or administrator for additional guidance.
FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH PROVIDED