Rapid City Area School District is allowed by South Dakota Medicaid to bill for services that are medically necessary. All rendered services provided at the school district must follow these guidelines for billing.
- Services must be medically necessary and appropriately documented.
- Services must be written out in the child’s care p[an.
- Services must be within the scope of the professionals practice
- Services must be preformed via direct, face-to-face encounter
- Services must only be provided for students under the age 21
- Services must only be provided to students that are enrolled in the Rapid City Area Schools district.
In order to access the student’s Medicaid Part B, the Rapid City Area Schools must have a Parental Consent Form on file with the school district. The Parental Consent Form is voluntary and will not determine if the child will receive services. A link has been provided to the Parental Consent Form for your convenience. The form can be filled out and sent back to Attn: Medicaid Secretary, 21 Saint Joseph Street, Rapid City, SD, 57701. Any further questions about Medicaid please contact the Medicaid Secretary, Jane Scherr at (605) 791-5820.
Want to know more about Medicaid eligibility?
South Dakota Department of Social Services/ Medicaid Eligibility
Parent/Guardian Medicaid Consent Letter
Medicaid Well Check Information
Medicaid Annual Notification For Billing
Formulario De Consentimiento De Medicaid
Center for Medicare-Medicaid Services in Multiple Languages (CMS.GOV)
|Jane Scherr||Medicaid Processor||Email Jane|