FREE AND REDUCED PRICED MEALS
Applications are available online via Family Access (preferred) or you may download the Free and Reduced Meals Application. These can be returned to the Rapid City Area Schools Nutrition Services Office, 3302 West St. Cloud Street, Rapid City, SD 57702.
Please see below for more information:
- You must complete a new application every year. 2019-20 applications expire on October 21, 2020.
- Only one application needs to be submitted per household.
- Children in households receiving SNAP or TANF can get free meals without applying. The Office of Student Nutrition will be directly notified by DSS.
- NOTE: it could take up to 10 days to process & approve your application. Your child must pay for his/her lunch or bring a lunch from home until the application is approved.
Please check out this video to help you fill out your application!
Other Helpful Information Regarding Free and Reduced Priced Meals:
- Free and Reduced Informational Flyer
- How to Apply for Free and Reduced Meals
- Frequently Asked Questions About Free and Reduced Price School Meals
Paid Meal Prices for the 20-21 SY Have Yet to be Decided
(Reduced price breakfast is $0.30 and reduced priced lunch is $0.40 in all buildings in the District)
Community Eligibility Provision
The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a non-pricing meal service option for schools and school districts in low-income areas. CEP allows high poverty schools and districts to serve breakfast and lunch at no cost to all enrolled students without collecting household applications.
2020-2021 CEP Schools Include:
- Canyon Lake Elementary
- Central High School
- General Beadle Elementary
- Horace Mann Elementary
- Knollwood Elementary
- North Middle School
- Robbinsdale Elementary
- South Middle School
- South Park Elementary
What does this mean for you and your students attending the school(s) listed above?
Your student will receive breakfast and lunch at no charge without having to pay a fee or submit a Free and Reduced Price Meals Application.
No further action is required UNLESS you also have students who do NOT attend the above schools and you’d like to submit a Free and Reduced Meals Application for them. Please include all students (attending CEP or non-CEP schools) on your application, as they are all included in your household.
*NOTE: If your child transfers to a non-CEP school (a school NOT listed above) during the school year you will be responsible for their meal charges. We encourage you to fill out a Free and Reduced Price Meals Application if you think you may qualify.