AP Exams are optional, but strongly encouraged for students enrolled in AP courses. AP exams provide students with the opportunity to earn college credit and/or placement with a qualifying score of 3, 4, or 5. These exams are offered in May at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center during the school day.
AP Exam Registration
- Students register for AP exams in September for exams in May.
- Early commitment to AP exams has increased student scores on exams.
- Deadline for AP Exam Registration: November 12, 2023 11:59pm. Exams can be ordered after this deadline but incur a $40 late fee per exam.
Reduced Exam Fee Qualification
Students are eligible for the reduced fee exam if they meet any of the following criteria:
- The student is enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Enrolled in a federally funded Head Start Program
- The student’s family receives public assistance
- The student lives in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home or is homeless
- The student is a ward of the state or an orphan
- Their family’s annual income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service
- In households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or in some states, Medicaid benefits
The 2024 AP Exam Schedule is as follows:
|Mon, May 6||US Government||Chemistry|
|Tues, May 7||Stats|
|Wed, May 8||English Literature 12||Computer Science A|
|Thurs, May 9||Psychology|
|Fri, May 10||US History|
|Mon, May 13||Calc AB & BC||Precalculus|
|Tues, May 14||English Language 11||Physics C|
|Wed, May 15|
|Thurs, May 16||Biology|
|Fri, May 17||Physics 1||Physics 2|
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Accommodations are available for eligible students meeting one of the following:
- The student has a documented disability
- Participation in an exam is impacted (such as functional limitations related to reading, writing, or sitting for extended periods of time)
- Other—such as a short-term disability or other extenuating circumstances
- For additional information regarding accommodations for students with disabilities, click here.