To foster the growth, development, and educational achievement of all students by promoting health and wellness in a safe supportive environment.
All students will be healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
- COVID-19 Letter from RCAS Nurses
- South Dakota Information Line
- Help Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Diseases like Influenza and COVID-19
Health Procedures – Nursing Department
Registered Nurses with the Rapid City Area Schools provide services throughout the district. Nursing services may include:
- Development of individualized health care plans to meet the needs of students with health concerns and daily medication administration.
- Coordination of health screenings. Screenings may include but not limited to vision, dental, height, weight, body mass index and blood pressure.
- Presentation of health topics and education to the students and staff
- Assessment and monitoring of communicable diseases.
- Enforcement of the state law and district policies regarding student’s immunizations.