March 1, 2022 Board of Education Meeting5:30 PM City Hall - 300 6th Street Board of Education President Kate Thomas
You Tube Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfJDyyWwv0t6LiNOG36YCw
There will be no Zoom Link available.
Speakers must sign up and present in person.
No reserving of chairs will be allowed.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
6. Sharing the Success
- Merideth Wald – PAEMST
- RCPSF – Above and Beyond
7. Student Representative Reports
- Abby Rutan – Rapid City High School
- Hayden Bentz – Stevens High School
- Colton Porter – Central High School – Absent with notice
- Board of Education Minutes
- Claims Report
- Enrollment Options
- Imprest Report
- K-12 Change of Status
- K-12 Employment Recommendations
- K-12 Substitutes and Field Placements
- K-12 Terminations and Leaves
- BBG – School Attorney
- National Indian Education Association MOU
- Affiliation Agreement with SDSU MOU
- Bids – Athletic Medical Supplies
- BOE – MOU Big Brothers – Big Sisters
- Budget Amendment
- Change Order #1 Drainage & Concrete Repairs – Various Buildings
- MOU for Interim Assistant Superintendent
- Surplus Property
- Volunteer Board Agenda
- ADDENDUM – Human Resources
10. Special Board Action
11. First Reading of Policies/Procedures – No items for March 1, 2022
12. Reports of the Superintendent
- Information Item – MOU – Rapid City Collective Impact – One Heart SY 2022-2023 – Jackie Talley
- Technology Update – Shane Daniel
- Superintendent Report
- SDCL 1-25-2.1 – Discussing the qualifications, competence, performance, character or fitness of any public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee. The term “employee” does not include any independent contractor.
- SDCL 1-25-2.3 – Consulting with legal counsel or reviewing communications with legal counsel about proposed or pending litigation or contractual matters.