November 2, 2021 Board of Education Meeting5:30 PM Council Chambers - City Hall - 300 Sixth Street Board of Education President Kate Thomas
You Tube Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfJDyyWwv0t6LiNOG36YCw
There will be no Zoom Link available.
Speakers must sign up and present in person.
No reserving of chairs will be allowed.
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of the Agenda
- Persons Wishing to Address the School Board
- Sharing the Success
- Student Representatives Reports
- Kiran Kelly – Central High School – Absent with Notice
- Abby Rutan – Rapid City High School
- Hayden Bentz – Stevens High School
- Conflict of Interest
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Second (final) reading – JHCDE – Administration of Medical Cannabis to Qualifying Students
- One reading only – JHCDE-E – Medical Cannabis Administration Plan
- Board of Education Minute Approval
- Claims Report
- Imprest Report
- Enrollment Options
- Change Order – North Middle School Asbestos Abatement
- Budget Amendment
- K-12 Change of Status
- K-12 Employment Recommendations
- K-12 Salary List
- K-12 Substitutes and Field Placements
- K-12 Terminations and Leaves
- Surplus Property
- ADDENDUM – Human Resources
- Approval of the Supplemental Consent Agenda
- First Reading of Policies/Procedures – No items for November 2nd
- Reports of the Superintendent
- Hays Report – Kristen Strissel
- Information Item – Albertson’s Companies Foundation – Donation to Stevens HS
- Superintendent Report
- Executive Session
SDCL 1-25-2.1 – Discussing the qualifications, competence, performance, character or fitness of any public officer or employee or prospective officer or employee. The term “employee” does not include any independent contractor.
SDCL 1-25-2.3 – Consulting with legal counsel or reviewing communications with legal counsel about proposed or pending litigation or contractual matters.