It has been an unprecedented week for our nation’s schools, and next week promises to be more of the same. As we all continue to navigate what lies ahead in the coming weeks, we want to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Here are a few important announcements/reminders:
- Governor Noem has just announced that school will be closed March 23-27.
- School Messenger, the District’s mass communication system, is experiencing overload due to the unprecedented volume of calls, texts and emails being sent out by other Districts that also use this service. As a result, the message time has been lagging. In addition to sharing important information via School Messenger, we will keep our District Facebook page updated with important announcements. More website content is also coming. Please check your email frequently and make sure your correct email address is in our Skyward Family Access system.
- We know that not all students/families were able to pick-up student work packets. We will work with principals on a plan to get the materials distributed next week.
- Students should work on the work assigned by their teachers. If they would like to start on the work this week, they are more than welcome to do that.
- RCAS Food Services Department will provide bagged meals for students next week. We will communicate further on the times and locations of food distribution.
- As of now, the State has not told us whether the time will need to be made up. We will communicate about this further as soon as we learn more.
Again, thank you for your understanding as we continue to work through these challenging times.
Thank you again,
Community Relations Manager